- Max Amount: $2500
- Deadline: July 01, 2015
- Application Availability: Not Open to Apply Today - Like and we'll send you a deadline reminder
- Number of Awards: 2
- Award Type: Scholarships
- Application Overview:
- Completed application form
- Current transcript
- 500 word essay on "Why Information Technology is Important"
- Two letters of recommendation
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Must be a minority and a graduating high school senior or current college student in good standing
- Must be a member of BDPA
- For local scholarship: must be a participant in BDPA Indianapolis Chapter SITES (Student Information Technology Education and Scholarship Programs)
- Must be pursuing an information technology focused degree at an accredited four-year college or university
- Must demonstrate academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Must exhibit leadership ability through academic or civic involvement and participate in community service activities
The purpose of the Eli Lilly and Company/Black Data Processing Associates (Lilly/BDPA) Scholarship is to recognize outstanding minority students, with an interest in Information Technology, who make significant contributions to society. One scholarship will be awarded on the national level and one will be awarded on the local Indianapolis level.
- Name: BDPA Education Technology Foundation
- Background: We established our scholarship program to stimulate the interest of young people in the fields of science and technology, areas where youth from undeserved communities are seriously underrepresented. Our scholarships assist students in obtaining degrees from accredited institutions of high learning in the fields of computer science, mathematics and information technology related field.
- Website: http://www.betf.org